Frequently Asked Questions.
The general contractor is the manager/lead of your renovation project. This means the general contractor is responsible for the final outcome. This includes:
- Working with an architect to build the project as set forth in the plans and so that it meets the local building codes
- Selecting the sub-contractors to provide each of the special services needed for the project (such as electricians, plumbers, painters, cabinetry, floor coverings, etc…)
- Coordinating the scheduling of these subcontractors and ensures that they are building to the standards set forth in the plans
DoubleDiamond goes a few steps further than many other general contractors in Westchester.
- True general contractors are hard to find, but DoubleDiamond delivers a true “start-to-finish” experience. From architectural considerations, interior design and construction, to elite project management and master craftsmanship, DoubleDiamond is with you through every step of the way.
- Architecture – Architects are expensive. They charge hundreds of dollars an hour to answer even the most basic questions. Our 30 years of experience allows us to consult on many architectural matters, which saves you money up front. In addition, you will be better prepared to talk with a traditional architect when the time comes, which will make the architecture process more efficient (read: less expensive)
- Interior Design – DoubleDiamond has designed hundreds of kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, and custom interior spaces. Let us inspire you with fresh design ideas to create your perfect living space. If you have a designer you’d like us to work with, we are amazing partners and will carry through the design vision with the utmost care and craftsmanship.
Absolutely. All consultations are completely free of charge and there is no obligation to work with us. We are happy to share references with you and we know you will love what our clients have to say. You may even have neighbours who are clients! While you are here, please have a look at our Testimonials page.
Yes. DoubleDiamond is licensed in the state of New York. Our license number is: Wc9554H98
DoubleDiamond has been in business for almost 25 years.
DoubleDiamond does not operate under any other name or license number, nor are we a subsidiary or part of any other company, residential or commercial.
DoubleDiamond uses both, depending on the project.
Yes, prior to the start of each new job, DoubleDiamond verifies license and insurance to ensure current status.
DoubleDiamond manages all aspects of your residential or commercial project, from filing the permit to closing the permit. Since permit fees are unique to the type of permit and the jurisdiction, the fees are not included in our estimate.
Actually, yes you can. However, there many good reasons to hire a professional general contractor:
- Accountability – Your general contractor takes away the headaches of making sure things go smoothly. They source and hire subcontractors, manage subcontractor payments, schedule work in the most efficient order, handle permits and inspections, and so much more. Having a partner you can trust to manage all these responsibilities is vital to the success of your residential or commercial project.
- Saves you money – An experienced general contractor will do the job the right way the first time and avoid costly do-overs and corrections. Also, general contractors are able to get better pricing from the subcontractors you will need to work with, so your overall labor and material costs are lower when you use a general contractor.
- Saves you time – Project management is a professional skill that goes far beyond just putting dates on a calendar. An experienced general contractor keeps your project on time and on budget by identifying and resolving problems quickly. In the skilled hands of an experienced general contractor, even a perceived setback will not derail the completion of your project.
Let's Build Together
Ready to get started? Give us a call and let’s discuss your next project.
Give Us A Call